'03 GT no start [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : '03 GT no start

butcherbutch
10-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Hi all,

I have a problem that has caused me to have my car towed 3 times to the shop.

What happens is I turn the key and radio is on, all lights on dash go on as normal, when I turn the key all the lights, radio etc go off, gauges to zero, no noise, no crank, nothing except the Service Engine Soon light stays on. When I let the key go everything goes back on, gauges to normal.

When the car gets to the shop while on the tow hook, it starts up fine and stays fine for 2 weeks then back to the no start.

everything checks out on the scans no codes at all.

any ideas?

Thanks,
Butch

cutlsp
10-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Is the security light staying on? Usually if the car gives you these kinds of problems its security system related.

butcherbutch
10-23-2011, 11:15 PM
yes the security light does stay on. I found some others on the Web that have these issue and it is related to the bypass module, apparently it is a wide ranged GM issue impacting more then just my model. I ordered the module, it is suppose to bypass the secuirty BS that is malfunctioning

cutlsp
10-24-2011, 03:35 PM
I think the bypass module is only for Passkey 2 systems our grand ams have Passkey 3 at least mine does.

butcherbutch
11-20-2011, 09:35 AM
hmm, I should know if it worked any day now. I installed but the Security light is still on so I suspect it didn't