window regulator [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : window regulator

sillet00
10-31-2011, 06:44 AM
Does anyone know what type of adhesive is used on the sash clips for the windows? I have changed 2 window regulators, drivers & pass side. I have determined the window sash clips are the reason for failure. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

stillriza
11-02-2011, 05:48 AM
I had tried different adhesives to no avail. I even had gone to my local dealership and purchased an adhesive that cost me $12 for a small tube the size of a lip balm that worked on everything but the clips. I tried a metal epoxy which worked well but didn't hold long. Finally, I tried JB Weld, and that worked. It's been over 2 years now and still seems to be holding well.

Starglow
11-02-2011, 06:09 AM
Does anyone know what type of adhesive is used on the sash clips for the windows? I have changed 2 window regulators, drivers & pass side. I have determined the window sash clips are the reason for failure. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

The problem is the cheap plastic guides used on the window track because they eventually break apart.

whiteGT99
11-02-2011, 11:27 AM
i used Plumbers glue, works great i changed both passenger and driver and havent had a problem in 2 years