Cruise Control not working [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control not working

01GrandAmGt75annv.
11-02-2011, 12:54 PM
well the damn On/Off green light comes on but the ' set/resume ' doesn't work. My guess it's the cruise control actuator because all 3 or 4 fuses are good, So where do I find this on the motor? and Is it an easy fix? I never messed around with a cruise control on any vehicle I have ever owned.. Thanks ahead of time for the help if anyone provides help.

P/S pictures would help..

burgett2103
11-02-2011, 02:02 PM
The actual cruise control unit is on the left side of the motor with random cables running to it right next to the coolant overflow i believe. It has like a metal strap looking thing over the top of it. You could start by yanking that out and give it a shake some parts might be loose in it. I don't really know why else it wouldn't work but i remember with mine it didn't work and it had parts rattling on the inside

bricooper78
11-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Have you checked your brake lights? If they're out, cruise doesn't work. That is the first step

01GrandAmGt75annv.
11-02-2011, 04:15 PM
The actual cruise control unit is on the left side of the motor with random cables running to it right next to the coolant overflow i believe. It has like a metal strap looking thing over the top of it. You could start by yanking that out and give it a shake some parts might be loose in it. I don't really know why else it wouldn't work but i remember with mine it didn't work and it had parts rattling on the inside

was it easy to get to? Because I tried looking up pictures online and nothing.. I'll give that a look tomorrow hopefully it's not raining again. I know it won't cost all that much, new $35- But did that fix your issue with your CC??

Have you checked your brake lights? If they're out, cruise doesn't work. That is the first step

Yup Had a burnt out bulb, left rear 2nd one. and replaced it and then tried the CC again and still nothing, the green light comes up on the ' On/Off button ' and then I begin to push down the set Button and nothing..

bricooper78
11-02-2011, 05:38 PM
um, i don't remember what it was exactly, but there was a brake position sensor.... it came up in a thread about LED tails. may wanna search for them, AaronGTR was the one who was explaining about it, I don't remember who started the thread, it's been too long ago, but those threads may very well lead you to your issue.

wish i was more help man

unchained_01
11-02-2011, 06:22 PM
i had intermittent prob with mine and it was the contacts every fall/winter i have to clean the contacts Works great in dry weather i only put a few thousand miles on my car a year for long trips and if it sets too long it stops working also the cables hardly ever wear out unless the ball comes of the end of the cable And the cruise unit is mounted on the passenger side on top of the motor mount

01GrandAmGt75annv.
11-02-2011, 10:01 PM
um, i don't remember what it was exactly, but there was a brake position sensor.... it came up in a thread about LED tails. may wanna search for them, AaronGTR was the one who was explaining about it, I don't remember who started the thread, it's been too long ago, but those threads may very well lead you to your issue.

wish i was more help man

I came across a really old thread from 2009 but that was when someone wanted to know how to replace the cruise pad on the steering wheel then I couldn't find any other post.. Because I don't really wanna pay a mechanic to do a job where it wouldn't take all that much to fix my CC.

i had intermittent prob with mine and it was the contacts every fall/winter i have to clean the contacts Works great in dry weather i only put a few thousand miles on my car a year for long trips and if it sets too long it stops working also the cables hardly ever wear out unless the ball comes of the end of the cable And the cruise unit is mounted on the passenger side on top of the motor mount

ahh.. But the dude who I bought the car from said he did a complete lower/upper rebuild on the motor, maybe he didn't hook up the CC or put the thing back on the car? But hopefully it stops raining here in Eastern Wisco so I can take a look. and determine the cause. Would you have a picture of this? just in case. would appreciate all input, and thanks to those who already helping me.

01GrandAmGt75annv.
11-03-2011, 12:22 PM
http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww304/snox2006/100MEDIA95IMAG0045.jpg

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww304/snox2006/100MEDIA95IMAG0044.jpg

IF anyone can tell me if there is suppose to be a cable coming from the end? because as you see in the pictures there isn't a cable coming out/in.. thanks.. or go look at your car and tell me if you have two goes into the module? again thanks

01GrandAmGt75annv.
11-03-2011, 02:50 PM
never mind! fixed problem.. close this thread, I don't know how to.