back with a few questions!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : back with a few questions!!

SevereDevil
11-06-2011, 09:21 AM
so about 3months ago my car lost park, someone on here said it was a broken parking paw. now just the other day i was driving to my bosses house and i got in the routine of throwing my car in park while rolling abt 20mph because hey park did nothing, while i jumped out of it this one time the car made a grinding noise and hulted. i was like wtf, for some reason park now works. its weird.

also, my ignition cylinder came out of the ignition solenoid, so now i have to put my finger in it, turn the ignition to the acc on position and then connect the ignition and battery wires to start the car. i have no idea how my friend managed to pull the ignition cylinder out of the solenoid and he said it just came out when he pulled the key out, i looked at it and i think the only possible way the cylinder can be pulled out is if the car is in the start position(starting) and u yank the key out, because thats the only way i can put it back in, but since i cant turn the solenoid that far so i have no idea how im gonna do that, my car is back to being completely ghetto. >.<

chris_gt_74
11-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Cops are gonna think you stole your car lol.

geldartb
11-06-2011, 11:15 AM
that would be a fun conversation to have when you get pulled over. about the ignition.

HOYS
11-06-2011, 06:33 PM
First and foremost:

Never never never never throw the car into park, even if you removed the parking paw and detent lever. Just don't do it, ever.

It sounds like you have some serious issues with your transmission. Check the linkages and move the detent lever manually into park without the cable on it and see if you gain park. Your cable might be out of whack and that time when you threw it into park, it moved the detent lever just enough to get the paw to engage.

[ChaosweaveR]
11-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Jesus, your car sounds like a goddamned nightmare.

bricooper78
11-06-2011, 07:55 PM
that would be a fun conversation to have when you get pulled over. about the ignition.

my cousin had a car stolen while in phoenix, came back here to bumpkinville iowa, we're out, his car is parked @ my place, gets rear ended, it's next to my car in the front yard...with a screwdriver ignition lol it was indeed a good conversation