fuel pump [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump

psy7
11-26-2011, 03:10 PM
I need an opinion on a fuel pump i have been told to go with an ac delco fuel pump or to just have the dealership fix it considering people say bad things about ac delco fuel pumps. what is your opinion on which one i should go with

AaronGTR
11-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Never heard anyone say anything bad about an ac delco fuel pump. That is what the dealership uses though, so it's not like you have much choice. If the pump is bad, the dealership isn't going to "fix it".... there pretty much isn't any fixing them when they break. It's a non-serviceable part. They are just going to replace it with a new pump.

psy7
11-27-2011, 11:00 AM
ok thanks do u have any good aftermarket fuel pumps that would be good for gagt1

Malaclypse
11-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Just stick with AC Delco.

Think of how long the factory one lasted you and consider that the replacement pump may last just as long or longer if you keep up with fuel filter changes.

psy7
11-27-2011, 01:32 PM
ok i was just wondering cause i have big plans for my car and want a fuel pump that can keep up

Malaclypse
11-27-2011, 04:54 PM
If by big plans you mean bigger displacement and forced induction then you can look into a Walbro 255 fuel pump. However for most things including mild boost the stock pump will last you just fine.

AaronGTR
11-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Racetronix sells some pre-assembled units using walbro 255lph pumps with the venturi systems for LS1 F-bodies with plastic tanks and fuel buckets, which is the same system our car uses. If you do a search, there are several people on here who have used this pump. It is essentially plug and play, or needs very minor customization... I don't remember exactly. I just remember this is the one that is easiest to use for an upgrade.

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FPA-016&eq=&Tp=

They make a unit that works up to 600hp too.

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FPA-001&eq=&Tp=

Of course the question is, are you really going to need it? Gotta make sure just how much power you plan on making first, and make sure you have enough boost to get there, and big enough injectors and an AFPR first. ;) The stock pump will support a pretty good amount of HP (I'm still using the stock one), so figure out what your goals are first.

psy7
11-27-2011, 05:37 PM
well with the help of milzy motorsports i have some interesting ideas to do to my car to give it alot of power and piss everyone off at school who make fun for driving a gagt1

Malaclypse
11-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Just a little reality check before you dump a ton of money into your car that could be better used elsewhere.

No matter what you build there's always going to be someone faster than you.

Even if you do make your GA a quick car... they may still make fun of you for driving a Grand Am. I'd reccomend saving the money and investing in your future... but noone listens to that advice... heh.

psy7
11-27-2011, 08:38 PM
im investing in future im just making certain people pissed that say its pointless and stuff like that and once my ga is done it will be a drag/street car