better handling smoother ride? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : better handling smoother ride?

akeemjvasser
12-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Im part by part modding my car trying to get the best out of it. and im now down to my suspension.
I spent all night researching threads and sites but no one really asked or properly answered the question i have.

im trying to get my cars ride to feel smoother, make the handling tighter. not such a bumpy ride. what shocks or struts do you recommend?

unchained_01
12-13-2011, 06:25 PM
To handle tighter u need better sway bars and strut tower bars and stiffer lateral arms , and there is not a whole lot you can do for the ride other than replace the stock struts with a set of GR/2's or AGX struts Also so replace all of the bushings in your control arms, And rear outer sway links

akeemjvasser
12-13-2011, 08:23 PM
To handle tighter u need better sway bars and strut tower bars and stiffer lateral arms , and there is not a whole lot you can do for the ride other than replace the stock struts with a set of GR/2's or AGX struts Also so replace all of the bushings in your control arms, And rear outer sway links

which ones are better. the agx or gr2s, im lookin for a smoother ride instead of feeling the roads bumps and holes

AaronGTR
12-13-2011, 08:29 PM
GR2's are a stock replacement. Only difference between them and stock is they have a low pressure nitrogen gas charge to stop the oil from foaming and provide more consistent dampening. The AGX's are adjustable struts that you can set stiffer for better handling. Neither one will do anything to make the ride smoother.

[ChaosweaveR]
12-13-2011, 08:30 PM
No offense, but if ride comfort is that big of a deal, then leave the suspension stock.