02 GA GT wont start on first try & my SVS, ABS, Trac Off lights are on... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 02 GA GT wont start on first try & my SVS, ABS, Trac Off lights are on...

GTGBaby
01-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Okay so its been awhile now, but it seems to be getting worse, back in I want to say September of 2010 I was driving down the expressway and my car started to act weird, I pulled over and once I turned the car off it wouldn't turn back on, called my boyfriend had it towed home and I took it to get it the SES light checked out, I was told my catalytic converter and the cam angle sensor was the codes it through. I got my CC taken off and changed the CAS, then I was also told it could be my fuel pump so I changed that too... well now it takes a few cranks to start. A couple months ago my car would not start at all so then I figured it was the starter, we changed that and then my car was driving weird so I had my boyfriend look at it again and my hub needed changed, did that, now the lights are {SVS, ABS & Trac Off} so I guess what I want to know is, does anyone have any other ideas to what could be wrong with my car...

PLEASE & THANK YOU!

GTGBaby
01-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Oh and its not my battery, that's 100% good.

boost21
01-23-2012, 02:47 PM
{SVS, ABS & Trac Off} = bad wheel bearing. Unrelated to your starting issue.

GTGBaby
01-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Okay thanks, now could it be the other side or a different one? I mean I just bought a new one from Autozone for the back passenger side...

GTGBaby
01-23-2012, 10:07 PM
I know that's not the reason why lol. Just another issue with my car that I need to figure it out... since I changed it do you think I need to rest it?

locoman99
01-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Replace your front hubs...both of em...use only TIMKEN brand. Not cheap autozone brand!

AaronGTR
01-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Those lights on the dash usually mean a wheel speed sensor isn't reading. The sensors are built into the hub/wheel bearing assembly, so the whole thing needs to be changed.

Where those lights on before your boyfriend changed the hub, or did they come on after?

I'm thinking either he did something wrong, or the hub you got was cheap or bad from the factory and isn't working right. It's either that or another one of the hubs is just bad. A good scanner that can check body codes should be able to tell you which corner is setting off those lights.

GTGBaby
01-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Yes after he changed it they came on, and I got it from autozone lol. Where could I go that would have a sensor to tell me?

I thought that too (he did something wrong) but I have no idea, that's why I posted on here to see what I got...

AaronGTR
01-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Some auto parts stores have code readers, but they aren't always good ones, or the counter guys don't always know how to use them, so they might not be able to read codes from the body module. Brake system codes are stored there instead of the engine computer. Most mechanics shops and dealerships have more comprehensive/expensive diagnostics scanners that will read all codes. They might charge a fee to do it though.

GTGBaby
01-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Damn see that's what I was afraid of, do you have any idea of about how much?

Lab Rat
01-28-2012, 02:54 PM
I would change both front wheel hubs with Timkins. If diy parts are 80 a piece. A scan at the dealer is gonna cost 80 - 100. Check all the hub wire connectors (front and back) for dirt or corrosion. Check the hub wiring for breaks.

Get a bottle of Lucas fuel system cleaner and dump that in the tank. Give a week, you never know, worked for my no start issue. Good luck.