Left Side headlight won't turn on [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Left Side headlight won't turn on

01GrandAmGt75annv.
01-30-2012, 04:09 PM
So.. had a burnt out inner turn signal bulb. Replaced with brand new one. then the Left side Low Beam ' hid ' bulb won't turn back on. Checked all fuses. Pulled the DRL fuse out. Still no Low Beam. and still have the service light on dash. put the DRL fuse back in and only the High Beams lights come on and stays on while engine off.. took the car in to local mechanic, and says there power still feeding that's why the Low beam on the left side won't turn on. Told me to replace the Column Switch. " ordered a used Column Switch ' came today ' 1/30/12 ' installed it and the damn light is still on the dash and still No Low Hid Beam ' left side ' I pulled the DRL relay fuse again and put it back still no change.. So I'm stumped..

Anyone can tell me what could be wrong and can be fixed?

BTW last week friday, When switching from Auto to reg headlights, there is a flicker on the left side Low beam. When the mechanic put his relay power fuse on top of the DRL fuse and had his tester beeper the light came on and when he pulled it away the light went off..

01GrandAmGt75annv.
01-31-2012, 08:35 AM
Bump.. Anyone...

01GrandAmGt75annv.
02-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Kinda odd. that no one has the slightest idea what is wrong with my left side head light.. I'll take and post pictures later tonight.

unchained_01
02-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Sounds like a ground is off

KillNThrill24
02-17-2012, 10:08 PM
ballast. if you have HID's i would almost bet my life on it lol i have them and my ballast took a s**t on me and threw everything off... i happened to have a spare sitting around replaced it and havent had an issue since.

jsyk... this is kind of a dying breed of cars and owners, your probably not gonna get the response your wanting in any sort of fashionable time lol take a deep breath and check elsewhere should i be wrong and its not the ballast :)

KillNThrill24
02-17-2012, 10:31 PM
yeah dude not gonna lie i was speed readin your post the first time through. i slowed down and actually read it. sounds like the ballast bro. if you hold the high beams on (pull the lever back) then let it go back to regular and your lights stay off, your ballast(s) are shot. if you bought the cheapo $37 ones off ebay theres your problem lol they suck major. better off buying REAL hid's or just go with xenons. IMO xenons suck but hey its whatever you like