Dash replacement [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Dash replacement

KillNThrill24
02-17-2012, 10:21 PM
so i need a new dash. i posted a thread about my head unit dillema and iv just decided that to hell with it my dash is garbage anyway so out with the old in with the new!

so hows it done? like where are the bolts hiding, how long might this take etc etc etc.. insight. i need insight. any info would be sweet. or links to posts about replacing it. i did a minor search came up empty handed maybe you guys know a write up or 2? if i find nothing i guess ill just go to the JY and goof around with a couple there till they come off lol

FromTheInside
02-18-2012, 08:56 AM
This one worked for me a few years back:

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-76633.html

Starglow
02-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Man I saw a nice dash in the JY a few weeks ago and it was already removed just sitting in the back seat area. I got excited thinking I hit the mother load until upon closer inspection I noticed it had been cut in places during removal.

I'm not sure what the person that removed it was after 'cause all the dash pieces were still there. This thing wasn't curled up or nothing....I was ticked off that it had been cut but otherwise it was in perfect condition.

KillNThrill24
02-18-2012, 12:15 PM
beautiful ill print that out and go to the JY within the next couple days to see what i find. thanks alot bro.

and starglow yeah people dont really care at the JY's they just want to get what they need dont care how lol iv been known to just randomly break stuff, mainly because im mad and it helps me laugh but still. but it can be accidental too i replaced my sunroof with one i found at the yard and i started pulling the headliner out on the yard car to remove the roof and it cracked and ripped in 4 spots. was not in any way intentional but it happened. just gotta look around and dont get too antsy lol