Amp power cable routing help. SE not gt [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Amp power cable routing help. SE not gt

nousername
02-18-2012, 03:49 PM
I have the SE sedan. I cant find for the life of me a good spot or anyspot at that to route this damn cable. Help???!!! :attention

Jake
02-18-2012, 03:51 PM
I have the SE sedan. I cant find for the life of me a good spot or anyspot at that to route this damn cable. Help???!!! :attention

There's a rubber gromet on the firewall on the driver side. Pull back the carpet a little by the pedals and you will see it. You may or may not need to pull back the carpet a tad, I don't recall. However the gromet is right there.

nousername
02-18-2012, 03:53 PM
I will try looking for it. thanks!!!

nousername
02-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Woot!!! Let me give you a ehug :applause::applause::applause: i was fiddling around with trying to find a spot for like a hour. This worked perfectly :applause::applause::applause:

Next dilema my damn circle hook wont fit onto my battery screw. the hook is to small for the battery screw to go through. Ugh...

nousername
02-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Anyone know what this is and how to remove it?

the red rubber thing over the cables. Or do i have to have it?

http://i44.tinypic.com/4g3lup.jpg

KillNThrill24
02-18-2012, 08:03 PM
psch! those things are LONG gone on my GAGT lol i mean they are there to prevent anything from accidentally touching them but if your careful when working around the battery theyre not at all necessary.. i believe best buy sells the best terminal iv seen it allows you to hook up your power wire to the terminal rather than rigging it. it allows for i believe 4g wire. which unless your going to be throwing 2k+ rms in there, all you need is 4g. i use JL 4g myself and havent had an issue yet. any other system related questions id be happy to answer for you

KillNThrill24
02-18-2012, 08:06 PM
iv heard of people hooking up there power wires to the power wire on the fuse box.. i do NOT recommend that but its there. if you have a metal file you can open up the hole on the ring on your power wire to fit over the battery terminal. its simple to do and will ensure you dont have any power related issues. if your not good at that tho def pick up some terminals from best buy just tell them you need a GM (general motors if you didnt figure it out lol) terminal

AaronGTR
02-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Just fyi, it doesn't make any sense putting "SE not GT" in your thread title... it doesn't make any difference for the question you are asking. Almost everything is the same on both cars, and the chassis and battery position are the same so it doesn't matter if it's SE or GT. ;)