Hello from South Dakota! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hello from South Dakota!

MichaelY
02-22-2012, 01:35 AM
Hey guys/gals! I'm Mike from South Dakota! I've always enjoyed car enthusiasts, I not only enjoy listening in on topics but I like to add. I'm not very old, i'm actually only 18 but growing up in a small town I don't have much to do so I tear down motors and learn.

Well recently last summer, I was driving 40 miles to my Farming job everyday and another 40 back. At that time, I was chuggin' along in a 1974 GMC C1500.. Needless to say 10-12mpg just wasn't doing the trick for me. So I found a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT (It's pretty basic, I don't have the chrome wheels, don't have a sunroof, no leather) for $3000. It just rolled over 90,000 miles the day I bought it. So to me, that was a pretty good deal and I really enjoy this car most (80%) of the time!

So, anyway I am currently on another car forum up here in SoDak and a lot of them are smart with vehicles. But I decided to go one step further and join this forum. I figured if I needed some help, you all joined for a reason. Not only because you own this style/type of car but because you might even know a lot about it!

sleepyalero
02-22-2012, 03:19 AM
welcome to the site! enjoy the stay. :D

street_fire
02-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Welcome!!!

99Alero_Boy
02-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Hey, i know you!

MichaelY
02-26-2012, 01:10 AM
Hey, i know you!

And I know you! Well, not first hand. lol.

I got on here mainly to figure out my transmission surge problem! And I think i've got a few things to do. That just annoys the hell out of me. lol.