best way to disconnect speakers "setting gain" [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : best way to disconnect speakers "setting gain"

nousername
02-27-2012, 12:45 PM
What would be the easiest way. I havnt tooken out my stock speakers so i have no clue on how to do that

Is there a way to do it from aftermarket hu without disabling the hu power wire

Thanks

04 grand am sedan not gt

KillNThrill24
02-27-2012, 01:29 PM
wait.. what exactly are you trying to do lol? remove the speakers? its easy if you dont have a monsoon just strip the wires and add new connectors for your new speakers..

nousername
02-27-2012, 01:31 PM
I just need to unhook them

Can the black speaker cover just pop off? Or do i have to take off door panel?

KillNThrill24
02-27-2012, 01:35 PM
door panel bro. remove the reflector on the bottom of the door theres a screw behind that, a screw at the bottom of the handle itself. pop out the window switch panel and youll see another screw in there. pop the tweeter housing from the top of the door panel, just use a flathead screw driver and pop it out. then start at the bottom of the door panel and use the flathead again to pop the door panel out, youll notice the door panel is popped into the door, then lift it up after everything is popped off and it will slide right off. speaker will be chillin there dont remember the screws holding it in because i dont use them i use my own lol

hahano404
02-27-2012, 02:13 PM
tooken... that there is some good stuff.

nousername
02-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Ty for that goodie killn. Damn thats a lot of work for just needing to unhook some speakers