Springs and Struts [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Springs and Struts

KillNThrill24
02-29-2012, 01:22 PM
i may do my springs and struts soon since they are 12yrs old. i looked on pfyc and im probably gonna go ahead and get the eibach's and then end up getting a lo-pro jack lol.. but i was considering the kyb adjustables.. until i saw they no longer carry them. so compared to the adjustables, how do the GR-2's compare? besides being half the price

blckgagt
02-29-2012, 01:29 PM
From what I understand they are more or less stock replacements.....I'm sure someone will chime in.

G.I.Ceo
02-29-2012, 01:37 PM
From what I understand they are more or less stock replacements.....I'm sure someone will chime in.

They still have the AGX's on their website. It's the GR-2's that they don't show anymore.

KillNThrill24
02-29-2012, 02:14 PM

thats kind of what i was thinking judging by the price alone..

They still have the AGX's on their website. It's the GR-2's that they don't show anymore.

nope AGX's are the ones they dont carry anymore

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GA4009/GA/KYB+AGX+Sport+Adjustable+Struts+Alero+Grand+Am.htm l

stewartfn18
02-29-2012, 04:25 PM
gr2's are better than stock replacement. iven had mine for a year and a half now with no problems lowered on intrax springs.

mfuller
02-29-2012, 04:33 PM

Try www.shox.com. They still show the AGX struts as available to order.

G.I.Ceo
02-29-2012, 06:39 PM

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GA4009/GA/KYB+AGX+Sport+Adjustable+Struts+Alero+Grand+Am.htm l

Oh well I didn't know you were trying to get them through PFYC. I was looking right on KYB's website when I looked them up.

KillNThrill24
02-29-2012, 07:15 PM
gr2's are better than stock replacement. iven had mine for a year and a half now with no problems lowered on intrax springs.

yeah they do look kinda nice. how do they feel compared to stock? any difference?

Try www.shox.com. They still show the AGX struts as available to order.

good call! a tad bit more expensive, but hey if i want them, theyre there! thanks

Oh well I didn't know you were trying to get them through PFYC. I was looking right on KYB's website when I looked them up.

all good man, ill check out their website myself to see what specs i can find on the two

unchained_01
03-01-2012, 11:48 AM
i talked to shox and the AGX are on national backorder !!! i found on place that had the rears but not fronts

KillNThrill24
03-01-2012, 01:35 PM
your kidding! well, guess i wont be picking any up anytime soon lol

PJGrandAm
03-03-2012, 04:46 AM
Totally just asked them to cancel my order with Just-Suspension because Ive been waiting a month with no word and then they finally let me know when I called them it would be another month. I have to fix things now that I know they were telling the truth. :asshat

unchained_01
03-03-2012, 10:24 AM
I called KYB corporate and they are 3 to 6 weeks out on production. After many calls. Rock auto said 15 days. I had them call KYB. And they to rock auto. 3/18 as a ship to them date. So we will see. Dont give up hope !!!

unchained_01
03-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Also does anyone know the difference between. GA. And grand prix struts ? I called KYB tech support and they are supposed to get back with me on measurements etc. Just a thought. The part numbers Are very close. Hopefully I will have an answer soon