Trans temp gauge [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Trans temp gauge

PSKpsu
03-09-2012, 03:17 PM
So i'm looking into getting a trans temp gauge and i was wonder what would be a good buy. I'm going to have a 3 pod pillar with a wideband o2 and Vac/Boost gauge. I've done a little research and i was wondering what other people use and what works for them. I've seen some sensors that tap into the trans pan and i'm not sure if it's the best route to go.

99grandam
03-09-2012, 03:57 PM
their a plug on the front of the tranny that u can used for trans temp gauge its in the middle if the trans cooler lines

AaronGTR
03-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Yeah, you can get a digital or an analog gauge with an electrical sending unit. There is an NPT port right between where the trans fluid lines come out of the trans and go to the radiator. It's where the dealership techs test the fluid pressure. You can screw the sending unit right into that. ;)

PSKpsu
03-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Yeah, you can get a digital or an analog gauge with an electrical sending unit. There is an NPT port right between where the trans fluid lines come out of the trans and go to the radiator. It's where the dealership techs test the fluid pressure. You can screw the sending unit right into that. ;)

Sweet deal thanks Aaron. Do you have any brands to go with or stay away from?

zukiracer19
03-10-2012, 10:30 AM
I have one... with the sending unit... I'll sell you that one too ha ha... btw the guys ****ed up shipping it at work but I posted the new tracking # on the paypal page.

PSKpsu
03-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Yah i got the tracking number now, I'm just glad to know it's on it's way lol.
What brand is the trans temp gauge that you have? and how much?

AaronGTR
03-10-2012, 03:59 PM
I only have experience with autometer. They've always worked for me. Can't comment on any other brands.

zukiracer19
03-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Yah i got the tracking number now, I'm just glad to know it's on it's way lol.
What brand is the trans temp gauge that you have? and how much?

Auto meter phantom gauge, all the gauge plates are matching that I used. I also have a Stewart Warner Maximum Performance Boost Gauge.... I'll do 35 shipped for the trans gauge. I recommend wiring yourself your own LED color... I used green LED's for mine. But I have the regular red bulb too.

PSKpsu
03-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Does anyone know where i can buy a sending unit for a trans temp gauge?

zukiracer19
03-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Now that I think of it... I may have bought mine of summit, but could be wrong. Just let me know when you want me to get that gauge and stuff ready.

AaronGTR
03-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Does anyone know where i can buy a sending unit for a trans temp gauge?

The gauge usually comes with one. I'm pretty sure autometer has replacement sending units you can buy in case one goes bad, so that you don't have to replace the whole gauge. You'd probably have to do some searching on summit racing to find them, or maybe try their website.

zukiracer19
03-13-2012, 05:37 PM
He's buying mine but I can't remember if i threw it in turbo setup box or not, carelessly most likely.