Hoseoff fuel pressure regulator [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hoseoff fuel pressure regulator

rizer
03-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Hey guys, working on a head gasket change and at somepoint i broke the vacuum line that connects to the fpr. It broke right where it goes into the wiring harness. How bad is it to change? Cant quite track were it leads to so im kinda scared. Not sure if it would be alot easier to fix before i start reassembly of everything.

Thanks

afterdeath07
03-16-2012, 02:41 AM
i wouldn't track it all back, i fixed my hvac control line this same way i got some of the rigid evap vacuum line and a little bit of regular vacuum line and used that to connect the new piece to the part in the harness by slipping the broken part and the new part into the vacuum line. just a thought worked well for me. make sure the two pieces come together inside the connector to make sure the vacuum doesnt suck it closed

KillNThrill24
03-16-2012, 12:13 PM
i wouldn't track it all back, i fixed my hvac control line this same way i got some of the rigid evap vacuum line and a little bit of regular vacuum line and used that to connect the new piece to the part in the harness by slipping the broken part and the new part into the vacuum line. just a thought worked well for me. make sure the two pieces come together inside the connector to make sure the vacuum doesnt suck it closed

if im reading his question right, i think hes saying its broke off at the end of it. meaning you cant rig a hose over it. lol iv rigged almost all my lines that way, those cheap plastic lines all you have to do is bend them and they break...

he might have to replace the entire thing, which could be a real pain

KillNThrill24
03-16-2012, 12:15 PM
ok after re reading it, i think i know what hes talking about...

if its that white/yellow hose try peeling back the wire harness a little bit and see if you can find an end to the hose. if you can then do what death says and rig a hose over the two ends.

afterdeath07
03-16-2012, 01:16 PM
^^ bingo shoulda been a little more detailed my bad

WidbyJ
03-16-2012, 01:20 PM
The vacuum line from the fuel pressure regulator goes to a vacuum port on the manifold right after the throttle body. This allows it to adjust fuel pressure according to the amount of 'draw' in the airflow. You can replace it with any piece of small tubing that fits (it is acceptable to run without for short term, like to get to the parts store).

AaronGTR
03-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I was gonna say.... there shouldn't be any vacuum line going from the FPR to the wiring harness. There is a gray vacuum tube that goes to the intake manifold right behind the FPR that comes out of the wiring harness, and that goes into the interior and provides vacuum to the HVAC controls. The FPR hose is a black pipe with a 90 degree bend that goes back over the manifold. If I remember right it goes back to the back nipple on the manifold and has the MAP sensor hooked to it as well.

rizer
03-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Im sorry guys, it was the connection off the UIM right on the side off the FPR, that one runs into the wire harness. I got some super small vacuum line from autozone and was able to cut into the harness to get enough room to slip the hose over.

Funny part was as i putting the 90 degree rubber connection, on, broke the hose inside that so i had to tape it in place till i can get to dealer :)

Still not sure where it leads to once in the harness

AaronGTR
03-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Im sorry guys, it was the connection off the UIM right on the side off the FPR, that one runs into the wire harness. I got some super small vacuum line from autozone and was able to cut into the harness to get enough room to slip the hose over.

Funny part was as i putting the 90 degree rubber connection, on, broke the hose inside that so i had to tape it in place till i can get to dealer :)

Still not sure where it leads to once in the harness

Did you read my post right above yours? It goes to the HVAC controls inside the car. You can drive the car without those working, it won't matter. Only thing you would have to do is make sure the nipple on the UIM is capped so you don't have a vacuum leak. That tube is easy to fix though. All you need is some small 1/16" inside diameter rubber tubing and you can splice the vacuum line wherever it is broken.