canceller for hids [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : canceller for hids

rtodd02gt
03-25-2012, 12:13 AM
WHats the deal with a canceller for HID lights? keep seeing it pop up for 9007 hids whats it for and do i need it?

afterdeath07
03-25-2012, 01:26 AM
WHats the deal with a canceller for HID lights? keep seeing it pop up for 9007 hids whats it for and do i need it?

Cars with computer controlled headlights, including many vehicles from Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, Volvo, Acura, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Volkswagen typically display error messages on the dashboard when aftermarket HID kits are installed. These error messages may sometimes also cause the headlights on the vehicle to “flicker” on and off when the lights are being used.

This error is commonly referred to as a “CANBUS WARNING”.

To counter this problem, Third Gear Performance has developed this special HID canceler / capacitor. Only one is required per set (pair) of HID headlights installed onto a vehicle. A relay harness is also necessary for proper operation of your HID kit.

This error message canceler / capacitor is 100% Plug & Play with all of our HID products and is compatible with all sizes. Each vehicle will need a Canceler/Capacitor for each ballast installed.

from some website that sells them, direct replacement hids are retarted, retrofit some projectors or dont do it at all, all the glare is a danger to other drivers.

Shade2012
03-25-2012, 02:19 AM
Cars with computer controlled headlights, including many vehicles from Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, Volvo, Acura, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Volkswagen typically display error messages on the dashboard when aftermarket HID kits are installed. These error messages may sometimes also cause the headlights on the vehicle to “flicker” on and off when the lights are being used.

This error is commonly referred to as a “CANBUS WARNING”.

To counter this problem, Third Gear Performance has developed this special HID canceler / capacitor. Only one is required per set (pair) of HID headlights installed onto a vehicle. A relay harness is also necessary for proper operation of your HID kit.

This error message canceler / capacitor is 100% Plug & Play with all of our HID products and is compatible with all sizes. Each vehicle will need a Canceler/Capacitor for each ballast installed.

from some website that sells them, direct replacement hids are retarded, retrofit some projectors or dont do it at all, all the glare is a danger to other drivers.

I'm looking at buying HID's too. But this confused me. So each car would need two? This is what I'm looking at getting then? I didnt think we would need the error code eliminator because thats only for higher end cars, but when you said it makes the lights flicker, I heard thats a common problem..

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

afterdeath07
03-25-2012, 03:21 AM
the only time i have ever seen them flicker is when they cant draw enough power through the factory harness, then a relay and a fuse link to the battery works just fine. shouldn't throw any codes on our cars.

PSKpsu
03-25-2012, 03:37 AM
I'm looking at buying HID's too. But this confused me. So each car would need two? This is what I'm looking at getting then? I didnt think we would need the error code eliminator because thats only for higher end cars, but when you said it makes the lights flicker, I heard thats a common problem..

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

Like it said in the text that you quoted you only need one per pair (set) of HID's so you would need one.

AaronGTR
03-25-2012, 07:03 AM
You don't need them.

rtodd02gt
03-25-2012, 09:46 PM
I had a hid kit tha threw a SVS light because of the DRL's in the car. Does the canceller stop this issue??? Or do I have to ground the DRL wire to get rid of it??

speedfreak1
03-25-2012, 10:38 PM
easy way to get rid of the bulb error codes is to use a 55 watt ballest insted of the 35 watt.

speedfreak1
03-25-2012, 10:40 PM
I had a hid kit tha threw a SVS light because of the DRL's in the car. Does the canceller stop this issue??? Or do I have to ground the DRL wire to get rid of it??

pull the DRL relay. I think from 03 to 05 you can do this with out getting the SVS light. I remember seeing a how to here or on gaoc to ground a wire at the PCM to solve this on the 99 to 02 years

rtodd02gt
03-25-2012, 10:47 PM
how does 55w correct SVS error?

speedfreak1
03-25-2012, 10:52 PM
not sure it will fix that. I said it will fix the bulb error code. I installed retrofitted projectors and 35 watt hids into my 95 benz. got and error that the bulbs were burnt out and it shuts off the power. I put some 55 watt ballests in and it works now. you can also get now ballests and wiring kits that have resistors inside that will fix the error codes so you can run 35 watts