door rattles [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : door rattles

afterdeath07
03-30-2012, 12:22 AM
did a little searching and couldn't really find what i was looking for. wondering if anyone had found a good way to make the door sound more solid when its closed with the windows down. sounds like everything is going to break when you close the door and in the summer its a little embarrassing considering the rest of my car is solid. got the driver side door ripped apart broke that black plastic clip that holds the window in. i think the rattle mostly come from the lock and door handle connective bars where they attach to the latch in the rear of the door. almost tempted just to silicone those connections

blckgagt
03-30-2012, 08:50 AM
I too hear rattles coming from my driver's side door next to the speaker. I thought about trying that spray insulating foam to quiet things down a bit. Silicone sounds like it may be a good idea too.

UndeadGods
04-02-2012, 09:23 PM
My driver doors rubber cushion started peeling off causing my door to vibrate and rattle at higher speeds, it also started leaking water right above me =/

afterdeath07
04-08-2012, 02:24 AM
i found a solution that worked for me. that piece of foam behind the lock and door handle connective bars was really warn out so i glued on a small block of about 1in thick black foam from a server shipper i had in the basement. sound is gone unless you really slam the door. going some on the foam block and try to find a few places to support the window when its down so it does not rattle either. will post pics tomorrow when done, have it all ripped apart for a window regulator, broke the white clip removing the broken black clip. go figure

DaRkWaVe
04-08-2012, 01:39 PM
I too couldn't stand the door rattles. I very carefully used spray foam, and despite how careful I was, I ended up getting some on the window regulator. All i had to do was clean it off after the foam cured and my door is solid. Time consuming, but well worth it. I did the same thing to my hood and trunk, inside the hollow sheet metal framing. It works very well if used carefully. Wear old clothes and gloves, too.