Got Ticjet Doing 68 in 50 NJ [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Got Ticjet Doing 68 in 50 NJ

MECHANICwannaBE
04-04-2012, 06:38 AM
So i heard im looking 4 points on my license any advice...
Thanks

39:4-98 Exceeding maximum speed 15-29 mph over limit 4 ponits

geldartb
04-04-2012, 09:01 AM
and this is relevant to this section why.

no offense but your speeding so pay the ticket and move on.

what kind of advice are you looking for.

even if you went to court and got the fine reduced the points would still be the same. one ticket isn't going to kill your insurance.

BJPbrandon2448
04-04-2012, 09:28 AM
and this is relevant to this section why.

no offense but your speeding so pay the ticket and move on.

what kind of advice are you looking for.

even if you went to court and got the fine reduced the points would still be the same. one ticket isn't going to kill your insurance.

Agreed, we arent the law... so what are we supposed to say? Oh yeah take resposibility for your actions and pay the fine, and dont get caught speeding ever again! Ok.?

zukiracer19
04-04-2012, 10:12 AM
if you're that paranoid take it to court... most of time cop doesn't show up unless its really that serious... you'll win.

BJPbrandon2448
04-04-2012, 10:37 AM
ummm. yeah your not gonna win unless you can somehow prove your case, most cities are hungry for money right now!

geldartb
04-04-2012, 10:43 AM
if you're that paranoid take it to court... most of time cop doesn't show up unless its really that serious... you'll win.

don't know how it is where you are but around here the cop that wrote the ticket doesn't show up. it's usually one cop from the department.

if your not a habitual offender they may give you a break and cut the fine down but the points will still be applied to you insurance.

blckgagt
04-04-2012, 11:53 AM
don't know how it is where you are but around here the cop that wrote the ticket doesn't show up. it's usually one cop from the department.

if your not a habitual offender they may give you a break and cut the fine down but the points will still be applied to you insurance.

Wow that's harsh there. Here in Tennessee, I've gotten off like four speeding tickets just because my record was clean and I wasnt going > 15. In one case i went 26 over when I was 17 and i still got off. And when I mean off clean, I mean no points whatsoever added to my record. In each case though I had to pay a court fee and 30 days probation, where if I get any ticket in that time frame, the points go on my record. Sometimes they allowed us to go to driving class and all we paid is the class fee.

I can't say I was a great driver back then.

geldartb
04-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Wow that's harsh there. Here in Tennessee, I've gotten off like four speeding tickets just because my record was clean and I wasnt going > 15. In one case i went 26 over when I was 17 and i still got off. And when I mean off clean, I mean no points whatsoever added to my record. In each case though I had to pay a court fee and 30 days probation, where if I get any ticket in that time frame, the points go on my record. Sometimes they allowed us to go to driving class and all we paid is the class fee.

I can't say I was a great driver back then.

yeah when i started driving i got a bunch of tickets. the first few i got out of but after awhile going to court didn't work anymore .

i have done the driving class a couple of time for getting so many tickets in a certain amount of time.

i haven't gotten a ticket in over 4yrs.