I have this weird Issue with my car [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : I have this weird Issue with my car

ChosenZero
04-05-2012, 04:39 PM
When I got the car, the cat was removed, and it has an Engine as you all assumed it would of course. When it changes gears, it hits hard which is really odd, but when I clear the codes, it goes away, ODd right? But then it starts again after a few minutes and the code comes back on, clear the codes again and it drives Phenominal. I don't get it, How can I cause that to stop? Can i just remove the O2 sensor? or how can I do something to get it to stop. I have a OBD2 to PC sensor if I can somehow get the car to ignore that, It would be very helpful, Thanks a lot guys

Only O2 Sensor left is the one between the Cat ( which is now a straight pipe ) and the res.

gectek
04-05-2012, 07:09 PM
What code is coming up? You need the O2 that is right on the rear manifold. The one after that will not matter, the one you have on there after the cat and before resonator will not work for your reg O2 readings as it is prob plugged into the wrong plug.

What other codes are you reading? A bad maf will cause the trans to use max line pressure and it will shift hard also.

sleepyalero
04-05-2012, 11:01 PM
IAT unplugged will cause hard shifting.

ChosenZero
04-06-2012, 07:43 AM
P0113 Intake air temperature circuit high input - but what's weird is as soon as I clear the codes, it goes back to normal for a short period of time, I want to get the Computer to ignore the code, or would I have to remove the O2 sensor?

afterdeath07
04-06-2012, 04:55 PM
lol replace the iat or the plug that connects it, check with a multimeter to make sure there is voltage. should me 4.9-5vdc threw that connector, if not replace the plug, if so replace sensor

AaronGTR
04-06-2012, 05:03 PM
P0113 Intake air temperature circuit high input - but what's weird is as soon as I clear the codes, it goes back to normal for a short period of time, I want to get the Computer to ignore the code, or would I have to remove the O2 sensor?

Uh yeah... since that code has nothing to do with the O2 sensor why are you asking about it? You can not and should not have the computer ignore that code. It is trying to tell you something and you should listen to it. There is a problem with your IAT sensor, and you need to fix it in order for your car to run correctly. :rolleyes:

gectek
04-06-2012, 05:17 PM
PS that code may be covering up other codes, so after you fix that, clear the codes and drive again and check.

ChosenZero
04-06-2012, 11:26 PM
that code happened right after the cat was removed, so the only way I can fix it is to replace the cat? or what? I am looking for a fix, I am unsure on what I would replace or do to make the PC ignore the missing cat.

gectek
04-06-2012, 11:29 PM
You first need a tune to tune out the code. But first, there is a plug right at the back side of the engine for your upstream O2 to be plugged into. Is it? Also, if the code is for IAT, then you need to get that done first. Does not matter when it happened unless you have a blown fuse or the wire got damaged.

ChosenZero
04-07-2012, 03:55 PM
I do have a OBDII to BLuetooth that my PC can connect too, but I am unsure on how to tune the car, is it possible I can be helped out?

gectek
04-07-2012, 04:55 PM
FYI without a software to tune the vehicle, you are out of luck.