I bought new racing seats but old seats wont come out!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : I bought new racing seats but old seats wont come out!!

zak1206
04-09-2012, 06:12 AM
I went to auto zone and bought the bolt that i needed to remove the seats from my car but the bolt closest to the door on the passenger side is completely stripped out and there is no possible way to pr it out because it is in there tight.
Are there any other ways to remove this bolt without damaging the seat or the car so i can put my new seats in?:( Please help

blckgagt
04-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Why do u have racing seats without even one performance modification???

locoman99
04-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Your car must have some type of self defense ability.

zak1206
04-09-2012, 09:28 AM
thanks for the help bud! derp

zukiracer19
04-09-2012, 09:36 AM
What's stripped the threads or the head of the bolt?

If the head of the bolt I always just use a cutting wheel or saw and cut it like a flat head, put a chode-like flat head on it get some vice scrips and screw it out. (or drill it)

AaronGTR
04-09-2012, 04:06 PM
You do know that you won't be able to just drop those seats in right? No one makes a direct replacement seat or adapter brackets for our cars. If you are actually able to get the seat out, you are going to have to have custom adapter brackets made in order to mount them. It's not that easy a job if you don't know what you are doing.

The front seats should be held in by just two tabs at the front of each seat rail, and one large bolt at the back of each rail. The bolt is a hex head but it's shallow with slightly rounded corners and it's hard to keep a socket on it without slipping off. The center of the bolt should have a large torx hole in it though. You are supposed to use a torx socket to get them out, and yes they are normally very tight from the factory. They don't want the seats coming loose.