2000 grand am wont turn over [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2000 grand am wont turn over

dmc67
04-09-2012, 01:33 PM
ok i have a 2000 grand am Gt with 3400 motor it started up just fine went to turn around in the drive way the dash lights came on where the ABS sensor is bad, but if u shut it off and started it back up they would go out so i shut it down and went to start it back up and all it does is click, so i thought it was the starter and replaced it, still only clicks. I called GM dealership they said more then likely it is the plastic piece the ignition switch goes in to so i just replaced it and does the same thing.

Any help would be appreciated

DaRkWaVe
04-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Make sure the security light isn't flashing. Search more.

dmc67
04-09-2012, 11:50 PM
i have searched and searched, no security light on and it finally started

ok i went to test the small wire goin to the starter and i was by myself so i just took a pair of pliers put and put them on the key and wedged it to the start position went under the car to test the small wire i heard click click click then the car just fired up but i seen blue smoke come out from under the fender well, so im assuming there is a broke wire somewhere in that area gonna check it out tomorrow, i was getting 12.9 volts when i tested the battery, same at the big positive on the starter.. i did have jumper cables hooked up to the battery when it finally did fire up but the battery is not even 3 months old so i dont think that was the culprit..