ASE performance products [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : ASE performance products

SPAZ
04-10-2012, 09:23 AM
What ever happened to them? I need to find out if the PCM I have from them has the IAT timing control. I am not sure which s/c car my PCM was based off of....maybe AaronGt

HOYS
04-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Don't worry about that sillyness. Just sell me your supercharger kit for 200 bucks :poke:

lol...

But seriously, I don't think they are around any more. You might have to find somebody locally with a tuning suite or send it to someone to look at.

SPAZ
04-10-2012, 02:22 PM
I just wanted to see if any of the older members remember the ASE PCM tune that was bought and what it included. Now I'm remembering a dude called Mendello or something like that. I think we had the same tune because they used his car on the dyno to make the tune. I tried calling and it said number out of order. I want to know if they had my tune still? Maybe they opened under another name?

HOYS
04-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Unless your PCM was locked, anyone with HPTuners (and credits to tune your car) can look at the tune and figure out what is going on. Odds of your tune existing on a computer somewhere are slim to none.

AaronGTR
04-10-2012, 03:59 PM
I remember mondello, but I don't even remember ASE. Best bet is going to be finding someone with a DHP or HP tuner and getting them to help (if you don't want to get a tuner yourself anyway).

btw, how you doing man? Haven't seen you around in a long time. :) How's the car running?

boost21
04-10-2012, 04:01 PM
It was Monello, not modello. if you have his PCM out of his car it was dyno tuned in Michigan if I remember correctly. IIRC, you have his old kit.

SPAZ
04-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Hey Aaron what man, glad to see your still around too.

No I do not have anything Monello's, I just bought the same tune he had from ASE they programmed another PCM with for me.

Yes I should probably just by a tuner myself.

SPAZ
04-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Hey Aaron The car runs ok, it didn't like the 2.3 pulley I was running on it lol but it still passed a ASM emissions test lol. I just have to work out some fuel issues of some sort. The car stalls after I fill it up with gas. I gave it to my daughter to drive to college during the day.

blckgagt
04-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Welcome back SPAZ! Seems like all of us boosted folk are having issues with our cars.

SPAZ
04-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Hey what up Randy? Yes it's been doing it for years. Last year it was running the best it ever ran, I took it to Raceway park in Englishtown, NJ. Got in line made it to tech inspection and found out it was import day at the track...wtf so I drove a Honda that day ��oh we'll racing is racing and my car ran like crap after that so I put it on the back burner.

mfuller
04-10-2012, 06:47 PM
I still have my old ASE-chipped PCM in a drawer somewhere.
I suppose I could try reading it with HPT one of these days.
Good to see ya, Wayne.

AaronGTR
04-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Hey Aaron The car runs ok, it didn't like the 2.3 pulley I was running on it lol but it still passed a ASM emissions test lol. I just have to work out some fuel issues of some sort. The car stalls after I fill it up with gas. I gave it to my daughter to drive to college during the day.

Well it's good to hear it's still in good shape and running, and still has the blower on it. Not many of us original boost bros left. :) How does your daughter like driving a blown grand am? lol

I had some issues with a 2.2" pulley myself. Detonation... couldn't get it tuned out and wrecked my bearings. Engine is getting rebuilt right now.

SPAZ
04-11-2012, 07:11 AM
Hey Matt thanks, what is this HPT ? What will it allow me to do?

blckgagt
04-11-2012, 07:49 AM
HP Tuners. Best tuning software out there for us. A lot of fbody guess use it since it is primarily for GM cars with some exceptions.

AaronGTR
04-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Hey Matt thanks, what is this HPT ? What will it allow me to do?

http://www.hptuners.com/

It's an interface and software that you use with a laptop to be able to load a completely custom program onto your PCM. Lets you data log, read and clear DTC codes, disable DTC codes if you wish, change fuel injectors, adjust your fuel and ignition timing, reprogram the transmission shifting, change the fan settings, and all kinds of other things.