can anybody help please [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : can anybody help please

madmike77
04-10-2012, 03:42 PM
ok after dropping about 2k into my engine last summer only on needed stuff (head gasket replacement) i now have yet another issue with the ga, how bout that.i just replaced my catalytic converter because the stock one got clogged the muffler shop put it in upside down with heat shield facing toward the ground and while on highway between 2k, and 3k rpm's i get a jump in the rpm's like it wont stay steady iac valve is new so i know thats not the problem so i get a bottle of seafoam to see if that will help and i noticed smoke coming from down pipe where it connects to the exhaust manifolds and also the collar around the down pipe has alot of moisture on it , is this normal and also i have been leaking oil it looks like its coming from under the heads somewhere however i have no fluids mixing oh yeah and it seems like my new catalytic converter is getting clogged it was just put on last weekend.

FutureDC_FLY_GT
05-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Hey man it sounds like we have the same problem going on I just pumped money into my ride, got head gaskets and other gaskets done, & I had 2 of the cylinder heads had damage, coolant leaking in. Which I had done & had the car back for one week. Still running slightly hot.

Now underneath my car is making this lovely noise like a jet plane:http://youtu.be/LB2rUimZXvg

Did your sound like this? I am not sure what to do about this but I am not super happy right now... I hear its good to always go to the same place but they are not open on weekends and I dont know if I were to bring it in how long it will take them and how much.

Is it dangerous to drive with a bad catalytic converter? Wish I had more answers for you than questions...Thanks for your time.