Fender removal [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fender removal

PoolMedic
04-13-2012, 03:20 PM
I need to repair the right front fender on a 2004 GT 2 door. Somehow, it got pinched by the door and is now creased in so far that the door won't open all the way. I suspect it has something to do with an aftermarket ground effects kit rubbing. I see all the screws in the engine compartment and one inside the hinge area (?) and I am sure there are some along the bottom near the door. Any others hiding somewhere I can't see?

Also, any step by step procedure would be helpful.

Thanks !

UndeadGods
04-23-2012, 11:55 AM
I've never done it but by the looks of it you'll need to do the following (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

1) Take off your hood, and the hood hinge that's screwed on top of the fender
2) Take off your wheel well plastic and probably the mud flap as well
3) Underneath your fender may be connected to the plastic that runs to the front, that might need to be unscrewed as well?
4) Good luck lol

DaRkWaVe
04-23-2012, 03:32 PM
I recently replaced a fender and yes the hood hinge needs to be removed along with some splash guards. You will most likely need to replace some of those plastic push fasteners when you take them off. There is also a nut on the inside of the door above the top hinge you will need to remove to take the fender off. I recommend you support the hood some way when removing the 2 bolts on the hinge. No sense bending anything else accidently. Expect to replace fasteners and hopefully the bottom fender bolt underneath the car isn't rusted to heck.

zukiracer19
04-23-2012, 06:31 PM
I just did this at junkyard, molding is a pain in the ass to say the least.
Take out your fenderwell, Unbolt the hinges from hood(or take it off), inside the door some of the bolts to door hinges are a c**t. friend held door while i got to fender bolts. It's truely a pain if you don't want to **** it up.