new here, car not getting fuel to engine [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : new here, car not getting fuel to engine

kegrow
04-18-2012, 01:17 PM
i have been fooling with this car for 2 days now, searched the old threads before when the security light came on, did the 10 min reset and it would work. the other morning i was low on gas, and the car woukd crank but not start, putgas and still nothing. the security light wasnt on, but it did come on so i tryed the reset still nothing,it never turned off like the times before. i sprayed the starting fluid into the intake and it will start but die once it burned off. there is no pressure at the fuel rail, i can hear the fuel pump. when the passlock engages, it stops fuel from getting to the engine, does it stop it at the fuel pump or the injectors or what. i dont want to spend the time and money on a new fuel pump and it still not work. any help or advice is appriciated

kegrow
04-18-2012, 03:34 PM
so i read that the passlock stops fuel at the injectors. the fuel pump sounds like its running but after disconnecting the fuel line before the filter and turning the key no gas was flowing. my guess is fuel pump.... 233 at orilleys.... hope thats the problem...

UndeadGods
04-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Hows the fuel filter? Did your fuel pump whine at all before?

Bonus
06-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Did you get resolution to this? Mine is doing the same thing.....