Fuel Rail and Lines - O Rings [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Rail and Lines - O Rings

shyguy5885
04-21-2012, 12:40 PM
I recently replaced the lower intake gasket and now have a fuel leak at my FPR. Does anybody have a number of O rings there should be on the rail/lines? I have all the 12 rings for the injectors, but am trying to determine correct number for fuel inlet, fpr, return line.

AaronGTR
04-21-2012, 01:04 PM
There should only be one O-ring each on the FPR where it goes into the front fuel rail, and on the supply line going into the rear fuel rail. It is very common for the O-ring on the supply lines to get cut on the threads inside when people pull them out, or for the o-ring to fly out and/or get completely lost and sometimes people don't even realize there was an o-ring there. Leaks are quite common at that rear line because of this.

I always recommend having one of those o-rings on hand when servicing the fuel system, just in case. GM dealership will charge you $10 for that o-ring, but you can find the same one along with a bunch of others in an o-ring pack at the auto parts store for around $2. :thumbs:

shyguy5885
04-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Thank you for the quick response. I only saw one (green) when disassembling and replaced on the rail serving cyls 1 3 and 5 - but first time stayed inside rail, second time it flew off and onto the block/trans, so couldve lost one. I had been knocking my head against the wall on this, cant seem to find correct number. I ordered kit from stealership ac delco 217-461. it comes with 2 rings, and im trying to determine where the second, larger ring goes. I have the FPR, and it has the 2 mounted on it already.

chris_gt_74
04-21-2012, 07:53 PM
If I remember right on the 3400 gasket kit there are 6 fat injector o rings, 6 thinner injector o rings, 1 o ring for the water bypass top of water pump (large), 1 o ring for the slip fit heater pipe (largest) on rear of thermostat housing, and 2 o rings for the fuel rails. I believe that's all of them.

I would do what AaronGTR said and just go pick up a pack of assorted o rings.