Lights in Dashboard Activate Randomly [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Lights in Dashboard Activate Randomly

bmoc0129
04-25-2012, 11:29 PM
I have been dealing with this for almost an year now and I'd like to find out how to fix it. I back into a lot of my parking spaces and sometimes when I stop and put the car in reverse all these lights come on. Sometimes they come on when I hit a bump as well. Either way, my friend has tried pulling the codes and couldn't get a single one when they came on.

Any idea what it is and is it something I can fix myself? The only light I know is right is the windshield wiper fluid light (that and the seatbelt light...took it off before I took the photo). I need to replace the tank or the cord one because it leaked the last time I used it. That is next on my to do list!

EJ01GAGT
04-25-2012, 11:51 PM
mine does the same thing they also come if i turn the wheel sharp to fast while backing out

sleepyalero
04-26-2012, 01:23 AM
well, Trac off and ABS light usually means a bad hub assembly.

TheCrownHolder
04-26-2012, 04:05 PM
there is something in the fender, some sensor that causes this. i remember finding a link about it somewhere. i get the same problem, it comes and goes but if i turn the car off and on it will turn the lights off

bmoc0129
04-27-2012, 09:45 PM
well, Trac off and ABS light usually means a bad hub assembly.

A bad hub assembly? That doesn't sound cheap...at all :-(

bmoc0129
04-27-2012, 09:46 PM
there is something in the fender, some sensor that causes this. i remember finding a link about it somewhere. i get the same problem, it comes and goes but if i turn the car off and on it will turn the lights off

Yeah mine does as well but it's a bit of concern to me as it comes on EVERY TIME. Wish I knew how to fix it

HOYS
04-27-2012, 10:58 PM
It is your BCM loosing connection to the PCM. My car did the same thing when backing up/ going over bumps. It did it for awhile, then stopped, then did it again. Not fun.

The BCM is mounted under the glove box and kind of jankily attached there from the factory above a black plastic covering (you will reach up to see it). Make sure it is secure and not moving around.

That is my experience...

markmac
04-29-2012, 07:22 PM
A bad hub assembly? That doesn't sound cheap...at all :-(

Whitebox wheelbearing is about $80 and if you know what you are doing, can change one in 20 mins.

bmoc0129
05-01-2012, 11:08 AM
It is your BCM loosing connection to the PCM. My car did the same thing when backing up/ going over bumps. It did it for awhile, then stopped, then did it again. Not fun.

The BCM is mounted under the glove box and kind of jankily attached there from the factory above a black plastic covering (you will reach up to see it). Make sure it is secure and not moving around.

That is my experience...

Still trying to access this...do I need to remove any plastic pieces or just kind of reach my hand in there?