rocker arm torque specs [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : rocker arm torque specs

jd99gagt
05-07-2012, 01:27 PM
When I remove the pushrods should I Torque the rocker arms to what my manual says or is that for a new engine because it has about 143,600 on it.

AaronGTR
05-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Miles make no difference in torque specs for engine fasteners. The only thing that wears the threads out is if you have removed/replaced the fasteners an excessive amount of times, or over torqued the fasteners and fatigued the metal of the threads.

In other words, torque them to normal specs.

jd99gagt
05-07-2012, 07:47 PM
yeah sorry..I wanted to add quotes like in surfermatt's blown head gasket thread but I still don't know how to use this website completely, copy and paste looked sketchy.

AaronGTR
05-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Just click the "quote" button in the bottom right corner of whatever post you'd like to quote. You can quote more than one person/post in your reply if you click the button next to that, the one with the quotation mark and the plus sign in it, in each post you would like to quote, and click the regular "quote" button in the last one. :thumbs:

PS. If you want to quote a post from a particular thread into another thread, click on the number in the upper right corner of the post. That will open the post in another tab. Copy the address in your address bar, and paste in your post (use the hyperlink button and it will create a link to the post). Or you can hit quote and copy/paste what shows up in the reply window into your other thread. There are a lot of options as you can see.

rowe
07-17-2013, 11:29 PM
K,,,but what year and engine are we talkin about
And what is the torque?

AleroB888
07-18-2013, 12:52 AM
And what is the torque?

I don't know, but somehow that looked quotable......

rowe
07-18-2013, 04:17 AM
Yes,,,,I wonder why?

AaronGTR
07-19-2013, 08:49 AM
And what is the torque?

Well, since the 4 cylinders don't have pushrods :rolleyes: and his name is jd99gagt... I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that it's a 1999 3.4L V6 we are talking about. And the torque spec is 14lb/ft +30 degrees.

Why was this thread brought back to life again?