Gas line on fuel rail hose [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Gas line on fuel rail hose

jd99gagt
05-07-2012, 02:35 PM
I can't remember whickh one was the pressure regulator but the fuel line that connects to the fuel rail closest to the firewall, when i pulled it out it had no o-ring on it,is that right?

jd99gagt
05-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Found it

There should only be one O-ring each on the FPR where it goes into the front fuel rail, and on the supply line going into the rear fuel rail. It is very common for the O-ring on the supply lines to get cut on the threads inside when people pull them out, or for the o-ring to fly out and/or get completely lost and sometimes people don't even realize there was an o-ring there. Leaks are quite common at that rear line because of this.

I always recommend having one of those o-rings on hand when servicing the fuel system, just in case. GM dealership will charge you $10 for that o-ring, but you can find the same one along with a bunch of others in an o-ring pack at the auto parts store for around $2

jd99gagt
05-07-2012, 03:19 PM
-

Starglow
05-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Yeah....that O-ring is a PITA. I learned the hard way to always turn the key on to check for fuel leaks before mounting the UIM.

jd99gagt
05-07-2012, 07:19 PM
nice..will do

AaronGTR
05-07-2012, 07:36 PM
quoted me, and I don't even get credit? lol