Gasket kit/ Siderail gaskets [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Gasket kit/ Siderail gaskets

jd99gagt
05-07-2012, 07:53 PM
I know I've been blowing up the forum lately but the know-how is really useful. I'll gladly add rep to all the users that have been hooking me up. Anyway... I got a felpro gasket kit with most everything I need but I still need an EGR gasket, side rail gaskets and probably some different o-rings. How do I go about getting side rail gaskets? Do most parts stores sell them because I tried a google search and nothing really came up.

HOYS
05-07-2012, 07:56 PM
What is a side rail gasket? Are you thinking of the valley area that is a mating surface for the block and the LIM?

jd99gagt
05-07-2012, 08:52 PM
yeahh my bad I just learned that rtv sealant goes there.Rookie mistake.

locoman99
05-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Better to ask than assume. Clean, clean clean all your gasket surfaces, clean your bolts and taps and take your time.

jd99gagt
05-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Yes, time and patience. That's where you find success with working on these problems. I think I have everything I need to start putting it back together. One thing I'm unsure of is the bypass hose to hvac unit in the firewall platic hose piece broke at the end of the metal piping, but I took it out and I think just the rubber hose will work fine and dandy. I also might need a little help with rubber vac hoses etc..., I didn't find the masking tape for labeling until I got to the plug wires/coil pack and then baktracked all the other electrical connectors. Today it's raining ;crap and that's gonna delay things cause my car still needs new brakes, the gas tank is showing a small leak form around the top I think and you can smell gas around it, the ABS/Trac Control isn't working and the dome light stays on with the doors closed. Plus It sux since the olnly means of transportation I have w/o my car is Taxi$$$ or a bike which both suck. 10 Miles on a bike with 5 miles of the ride with car parts in your backpack is no fun.