Help quick! Huge Problem! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help quick! Huge Problem!

UndeadGods
05-10-2012, 06:52 PM
My inside lights wont turn off, I can turn off the rear middle light manually but the front two on the rear view mirror WONT turn off, no matter what.

I triple checked that both of my doors and drunk were shut, but the problem still persists.

What can cause this?

Is there a fuse that I can rip out that will disable the lights only n wont affect my dashboard lights?

UndeadGods
05-10-2012, 07:08 PM
The lights seem to turn off automatically after some time (when the car is off), thankfully, my battery would die over night, but its ANNOYING as HELL when I'm driving and the inside lights are on.

Shade2012
05-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Your dimmer switch isn't set all the way to the right is it?

UndeadGods
05-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Your dimmer switch isn't set all the way to the right is it?

Embarrassing..
T.T

AaronGTR
05-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Seriously? Was that the problem? lol

Well anyway, yeah... even if they stay on when you shut the car off, there is an automatic battery protection circuit in the BCM that will shut off power to everything if there is a power draw for a certain amount of time. Easy way to test it and see if it's working... leave your door open with the ignition off. After about 5 minutes or so the lights should shut off automatically. ;)

bricooper78
05-10-2012, 07:37 PM
LOL dude, that happens man, don't feel too bad if that was it, I couldn't get the glass part of the hatch on my blazer down all the way, and kept battling a flashing set of interior lights, until i started messing with all the door switches and such... i got to the back, and sheeeeet...

it happens, but yes, we will make fun of you for it lol

UndeadGods
05-10-2012, 08:02 PM
My ex had the car today, I blame her for it as I never touch the dimmer switch lmao

Seriously? Was that the problem? lol

Well anyway, yeah... even if they stay on when you shut the car off, there is an automatic battery protection circuit in the BCM that will shut off power to everything if there is a power draw for a certain amount of time. Easy way to test it and see if it's working... leave your door open with the ignition off. After about 5 minutes or so the lights should shut off automatically. ;)

Yeah, when I was working on my car at night, the lights on the inside kept turning off on me after a few mins.

LOL dude, that happens man, don't feel too bad if that was it, I couldn't get the glass part of the hatch on my blazer down all the way, and kept battling a flashing set of interior lights, until i started messing with all the door switches and such... i got to the back, and sheeeeet...

it happens, but yes, we will make fun of you for it lol

I'm just glad that the "problem" is solved, people getting a laugh out of my stupidity - thats priceless, at least I'm doing a good job of entertaining people on here. haha

Mike Jung
05-10-2012, 08:30 PM
My ex had the car today, I blame her for it as I never touch the dimmer switch lmao...
Damn! lol

Jake
05-10-2012, 11:36 PM
Cool threadz bro

Shade2012
05-11-2012, 06:08 AM
lol glad I could help.