Few question HELP [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Few question HELP

dagenais
05-10-2012, 10:15 PM
1- Below in the picture What is it? Mine is getting really rusted and wondering if it's affecting the day to day operatio of the car?

2-Is there a way to bypass the stck wiring to the fan and be able to switch them on manully? Cause I drive in heavy traffic and when the temp get's up I turn the AC on and the start the fan then in minute the temp is lowered?

Can this be a faulty temp switch? Where is it located?

Mike

HOYS
05-10-2012, 10:42 PM
1) EGR. Unless you have a check engine light, its working. They rust.

2) You can splice into the ground of the relay to switch it manually. Or you can buy this (http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GN3003/GAUNDER/Caspers+High+Speed+Fan+Switch+Kit.html) as a bolt in solution.

What temperature is your car reaching? Does your A/C system blow cold air?

There is no such thing as a temperature switch. The PCM reads a value from the temperature sensor and determines if it should turn the fans on or not.

If your car is severely overheating, look into a leaking lower intake manifold gasket, or a problem with the cooling system sealing or operating properly.

dagenais
05-11-2012, 06:46 AM
1 - Thanks...

2- AC is nice and cold

If I tap into the groud wire and put it on a switch will the fans work when I turn on switch (ground it) and when it's off will it still come on when sensor switches? Also where about is this wire?

Thanks

dagenais
05-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Can someone help with question above about the fan etc

THANKS

AaronGTR
05-14-2012, 08:04 PM
If the fans aren't kicking on, and your temp gauge isn't getting up in the red zone, then your car is fine. They are made to run hot, and it's natural for the temp to go up a little when the car isn't moving and air isn't going over the radiator. There are two fan speeds and the high speed fans don't even kick on until 232 degrees.