Aftermarket pushrods/Rocker Arms [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket pushrods/Rocker Arms

jd99gagt
05-12-2012, 04:43 PM
What are some good aftermarket pushrods and rocker arms I can get? Everywhere I check has the universal comp stuff. If I'm going to replace them I might as well to try and get a little more power out of it. Does the universal stuff have to be machined or does it bolt up? Can I still use the stock valves and valvesprings and do the new ones have to be certain dimensions? Also, can I use the stock computer and all original sensors without sending any of them off?

AaronGTR
05-12-2012, 05:52 PM
There are none. Nothing that will be easy to install anyway, or gain you any power. There are no "bolt in" components on the market for those parts. Anything that can be used has to be custom, or adapted from other engines, and need very specific modifications to work... and they aren't necessary unless you are using an aftermarket cam.

Basically you will be best off with stock replacement rockers and push rods. Don't complicate things more than you need to. ;)

3800L67GAM
05-12-2012, 06:05 PM
There are none. Nothing that will be easy to install anyway, or gain you any power. There are no "bolt in" components on the market for those parts. Anything that can be used has to be custom, or adapted from other engines, and need very specific modifications to work... and they aren't necessary unless you are using an aftermarket cam.

Basically you will be best off with stock replacement rockers and push rods. Don't complicate things more than you need to. ;)

Yea! What he said:applause:

jd99gagt
05-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Alright thanks a lot. I found AaronGtr's 1.7 rockers. thread that was up here from a while ago. that seems pretty sick if your not gonna be changing out cams. I may be doing that in the future along with a custom exhaust and some other little things if I still don't have Ideal conditions for working, hopefully I can pick up some experience building engines for the future. I think I'll pick up some oe rockers and p-rods for now tho. Thanks for the help it's very helpful.

AaronGTR
05-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Alright thanks a lot. I found AaronGtr's 1.7 rockers. thread that was up here from a while ago. that seems pretty sick if your not gonna be changing out cams. I may be doing that in the future along with a custom exhaust and some other little things if I still don't have Ideal conditions for working, hopefully I can pick up some experience building engines for the future. I think I'll pick up some oe rockers and p-rods for now tho. Thanks for the help it's very helpful.

My rockers are not 1.7.

They are stock 1.6 ratio, and like I said they are not an easy install or necessary for most people. I'm not even using them right now. Currently I'm running a stock cam and stock rockers.

edit: by the way, there are no 1.7 rockers that will fit our engine either... even from the ones we could adapt from other engines. They only make them in 1.6:1. There have been several times that people have tried to get some 1.7's made, and/or get some that are pedestal mount like stock instead of floating rockers that are harder to install... but nothing ever came of the efforts. They never got finished.