Windshield frame rusted [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Windshield frame rusted

SSDude
05-23-2012, 03:26 PM
I have a 2001 GT that the windshield recently cracked on the drivers side. I took it in to get the windshield replaced and when they started pulling the molding off the alerted me to the rust in the area where the crack started.

They stated they could put the windshield in but they wouldn't warranty it and because of the rust it would most likely crack again.
Has anyone else encountered this? What did you do or what works best to remedy this?
Thanks

Starglow
05-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Take it to a body shop and have the rust repaired and then get the new windshield installed. I'm not sure there would be any other way to fix this unless you don't plan on keeping the car long.

SSDude
05-25-2012, 03:46 PM
I guess that's what I'll be looking at. I may keep it another year. I'd rather not have any trouble for the cracked windshield and it's a pain when the sun glares off the cracks lol. If i remember hearing correctly windshield integrity is figured into the crash safety of most cars.

jenwhite
06-22-2012, 10:14 AM
I agree you should take it immediately to repair shop coz it might lead to corrosion. diy is cheaper but its advisable to have it fixed by technician