Oil gauge [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Oil gauge

dagenais
06-05-2012, 05:35 PM
I have an Auto Meter Oil Gauge (Mechanical) Have not installed it as I was wondering where does it connect to bloc? will the SES light to come one?

jd99gagt
06-05-2012, 05:46 PM
I've got sunpro gauges in my car volts/oil psi/fuel but I still only use the stock fuel gauge. The oil psi gauge looks like it comes out of the firewall to the right of the brake cylinder and runs to the front of the engine to the right of the oil filter under the front exhaust manifold(would be slightly higher than the oil filter just sits to the right of it. I may consider this as a suspect to my oil leak since I saw it dripping onto the starter before. Wait until someone knows what it's called as I didn't Install the gauges myself and the prevoius owner did so I don't know.

AaronGTR
06-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Do a search. This has been answered in depth in other threads.

sleepyalero
06-07-2012, 07:17 PM
i took my stock one out, only using aftermarket, and no light.

AaronGTR
06-07-2012, 09:31 PM
i took my stock one out, only using aftermarket, and no light.

Duh. That's because it's not a sensor. It's just a switch and if you take it out of the block the circuit can't ground out, so no idiot light on the dash. Same thing happens if you just unplug it (although some cars might set a DTC). ;)

Here's a thread with some good info on gauge installs. http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85742&highlight=oil+pressure+gauge