Acceleration and Mileage Meter [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Acceleration and Mileage Meter

Pride43
06-08-2012, 06:37 AM
First off, it feels like my GT doeant accelerate good enough. Feems like its laggin or something. Idk maybe its fine but to me it seems off. Any ideas or its just how stock is? Another thing is, is it possible for your odometer or mileage reader to be off or like ripping you off. Lol l. Example, i live appromixately 5 miles from my uncles, wen i leave to his house the odometer will reade like 7-8 miles traveled. Any ideas?

AaronGTR
06-08-2012, 06:40 AM
You probably live 7-8 miles from your uncles, not 5. lol The only reason it would be off is if you aren't running the stock tire size.

UndeadGods
06-08-2012, 11:14 AM
These cars stock are only about 150HP. They are not race cars. But then again, there could be something wrong with it.
Was it always like that?

As for the miles, check google maps to see how far you really live xD

Pride43
06-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Lol maybe he does live 7-8 miles. Idk im probably not paying attention. But i swear it seems unlikely sometimes. Oh well guess i gotta jus leave it alone. I just thought maybe it had a little bit more torque. Nevermind fellas. Thnx anyways

shiwnath
06-08-2012, 11:35 AM
These cars have decent low end torque.. They've got some balls to them. It may depend on what you used to drive compared to your GT. When I was learning how to drive I started with my dad's 99 2.2 sunfire and that thing was a POS. As soon as I started driving the Alero, there was so much a difference... The throttle response was much more refined.

It also depends on how well maintained your car is. If it hasn't had a tune up or things replaced at proper time intervals, then you can't really expect it to be 100%.

fljohnboy
06-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Check you mileage with a GPS.

greddy2race
06-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Mine has the same lagging feeling if I floor it. It happens at about 3000 rpm and i get no acceleration past that until it shifts gear. I know that I need a new upstream o2 sensor, even though I'm not throwing any codes. So your power problem could be an emissions control problem.

Pride43
06-08-2012, 09:35 PM
How could i check to see if its an emission control problem? Run it through emissions?