car running so good. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : car running so good.

jd99gagt
06-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Since i've replaced the Lim gaskets the car has ran real good. Still get ses light sometimes because of a crack on the 90 degree rubber bend that i have to replace on the rear of the engine for pcv. mpg seems to be kinda ok when not heavy on the gas pedal even when ses light comes on. Could seem like it made more power before i knew the pushrods looked to be grinded down...just because the small oval close to micro emblem on it stayed there after all the area around it was grinded on the tip of p-rods. i think once i get new ones it'll be back, because I have suspect of how this may have happened. Engine was clean on the inside when I took it apart. I need a left pass, mirror and interior rear view to pass inspection. Anyone let me know if they got cheap parts they can ship out.Gonna put my 18s back on after getting new tires and taking the 15s off. Also having abs/trac off problem where do I start besides for hub sensors?

UndeadGods
06-19-2012, 10:20 PM
What kind of mirror? Dual post or mickey mouse ears?
Also, rear view mirror.. normal one or the electric (lights)?

Assuming that the ABS sensor is en tacked, mine got loose, which caused it to rub and eventually break the wire, speed sensor Id say.
But get it scanned just to be sure.

jd99gagt
06-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Electric, i think it's got the dimmer on it. 01 mirrors whatever they are the ones that the speaker cover pops on to on the inner door.

UndeadGods
06-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Uhm, that doesnt really tell me much. If they are dual post, electric side mirrors then you can buy a brand new one (black) for 20$ plus shipping frok rockauto.com

As for rearview mirror, I got a spare one, non dimmer, with lights

jd99gagt
06-24-2012, 03:56 PM
yeah i really don't know the specifics or if there is another style mirror that will work but yes they're electric. I'll lyk when i ready to have mirrors shipped

[ChaosweaveR]
06-24-2012, 05:28 PM
99-01 are dual posts

02-05 are mickey mouse

TDavis
06-24-2012, 05:42 PM
;1180794']99-01 are dual posts

02-05 are mickey mouse

Wow I'm surprised the newer models didn't stick with the dual post mirrors, they look so much better.

[ChaosweaveR]
06-24-2012, 05:48 PM
Wow I'm surprised the newer models didn't stick with the dual post mirrors, they look so much better.

IIRC: The mickey mouse mirrors were more sturdy. Dumb owners were finding ways to snap off dual post mirrors (automated car washes mainly) at quite a fast rate.

I've never snapped mine, GM was just fixing an issue because of idiots.

jd99gagt
06-24-2012, 07:00 PM
it doesn't take an idiot to have some fun. I'd say that's how a large percentage of mirrors get snapped off. Whatever my car runs great. i don't give a **** about people snapping mirrors as long as they serve there purpose. 01 it is. i have a few people to choose from on here who have them so whoever has dual posts i'll be tty.