View Full Version : unlock codes
06-30-2012, 03:56 PM
I had to buy a new radio for my 2002 grand am gt. I bought a oem monsoon radio just like the one I pulled out. How do I unlock the new radio I just bought without going to the dealer?
06-30-2012, 05:40 PM
you cant, you have to have it programmed by a GM dealership.
07-01-2012, 12:56 AM
Copied from kingbain.com (link (http://anonym.to/?http://old.kingbain.com/how-to/unlock-gm-theftlock-radio-s.html)) I don't have a locked OEM radio, so I couldn't tell you this would work. But give it a shot.. Good Luck!
How to Reset GM Theft lock Radio's
The following instructions will allow you to reset any GM (General Motors), Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Buick, Pontiac theft lock radio.
The theft lock radio must be in "LOC" mode.
1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio should display "LOC")
2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
3. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. You now have fifteen seconds to complete the next step.
4. Press the AM/FM button
5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
7. Call 1-800-537-5140
8. Press 1 then # (pound). You'll hear "Invalid Code, try again"
9. Press 139010 or 106010 or 206010 or 202107 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by *
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then *
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to "SEC". Your radio is now "un-locked" and usable.
vBulletin® v3.7.2, Copyright ©2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.