ignition [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : ignition

dagenais
07-05-2012, 06:35 AM
My ignition switch wont turn tried 2 factory keys still nothing looks like cylinder is worn out? Part is dealer only @ $350 as they program the cylinder to your exiting keys... Just wondering is there another solution - Most junk yard don't have keys then there is the whole issue with the pass lock crap. I don't want a mickey mouse solution cause i need a reliable car?

MAC the KNIFE
07-05-2012, 08:16 PM
ever heard of WD-40? and if things are bad enough, bypass the wires going to your ignition and just use a super awesome cool push button to start your car. ok, so it's a bit more complicated than that... but relax, its not the end of the world.

dagenais
07-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Hello AGAIN

I need help from the groups as I'm about 6hrs in trying to research this issues and ready to pitch my laptop. Most of all the solution I find you need to turn the key to the start position to remove it my key does not turn? SO HOW DO I remove the &^&*( ignition switch - I'm usually pretty good doing the work myself but I cant figure the best way on this one... Remove the radio or remove the gauges?????

PLEASE HELP HELP