Swap question/Possibility? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Swap question/Possibility?

Shadowkilla
07-09-2012, 02:17 AM
Okay so i have 1997 Grand am se with a blown head gasket and im not paying 2k + for the repair i can however swap in a new engine been looking around and have found two that intrest me.

A: 1994 Grand Prix Se Will this engine fit in the 1997 easily? Also thinking about converting the front end over to my grand am love the mean look it has

B: 1997 Grand am Gt Plug and play? cars body is crap but the engine is strong.

Post your thoughts and suggestions All help is appreciated.

Shadowkilla
07-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Bump did some searching and no luck no swap sites seem to be around anymore

AaronGTR
07-09-2012, 04:05 PM
According to wikipedia, that year GP came with a 3100 v6, or a 3.4L DOHC V6. So the 3100 should fit, but it's an older engine of course so there might be some minor differences, or you might have to swap over some accessories or other parts from your old engine. Easiest way to insure compatibility of course is to get an engine from the same year and model that you have.

BTW, this has nothing to do with performance. Moving from all go to tech questions.

Shadowkilla
07-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Alright btw sorry about wrong section , And good to know the enigne will fit but i found a shop here in mn that specializes in swapping motors in Gm cars im gonna throw a 3.4L in it and it should cost me around $850 Compared to the quote on head repair that's an awsome price :D