Help With Paint Issues.. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help With Paint Issues..

Dmac8323
07-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Hello Forum Goers!

I am new to this site and was looking for some help with my paint issues on the from bumper. Here is 2 pictures of what my problem is:

Hopefully you can see those.

If not I will tell you what it is. My front bumber is in need of a new paint job. It is very chipped up and white looking becuase a majority of the orange paint has been taken off. I'm not sure what to do or how to go about this. Even my hood is starting to chip.

I was wondering if any of you know where to get matching paint, and the steps nessecary to make this as good as i can get it. sorry for the long message and hopefully this is in the right section. Any help will be apperciated along with anyone willing to help me out on the forums!

swebster
07-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Just go get it repainted at a body shop . If you go cheap on paint you will regret it .

Shade2012
07-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Good lord, what happened?

DaRkWaVe
07-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I recommend taking it to body shop, though it will cost several hundreds. There is a web site called Automotive Touchup Paints or something that has exact matching paint based on the color code of your vehicle. They offer the paint in cans for airguns or you can order them in aerosal cans, along with the proper primer an clear coat. If you do it yourself it will cost around a hundred bucks and a lot of time. You will have to remove all the old paint off the bumper, which will be a long process. If you wish to save money and do it yourself I suggest doing some web surfing about automotive painting procedures.

Dmac8323
07-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Yeah, that happend from my brother driving it on the interstate during the winter for work. Gotta love PA.....

But I was hoping to do it myself to save a lot of m oney, because i'm still in college..

Obviously if I had the money i'd have someone else do it. Even repaint the entier car a different color but i'm sure that cost's a good bit of money.

Thanks for you inputs and suggestions, I really do apperciate it and thanks fro the webiste information!!

jd99gagt
07-10-2012, 11:16 AM
I've seen a lot of white luminas with paint issues sorta similar. It might be a Gm thing, unless you already had a re paint. not too formiliar with gm paint.