Cruise Control not working [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control not working

jlocher1
07-10-2012, 02:05 PM
I have a 2002 Grand am GT 3.4 and the cruise control isn't working. I do know I have to replace both front hub assemblies because the ABS/Trac/SVS lights are on. Does anyone know if this would cause the cruise control to malfunction? If not does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong with it? I greatly appreciate any input.

FYI - The cruise control light on my dash board doesn't light up when I press the button on the steering wheel. I think I checked all the fuses for Cruise Control and they all looked good...

AaronGTR
07-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Yes, when the ABS/trac lights are on, cruise control does not work. It has something to do with the way the system operates because pressing the brakes cancels cruise control. When there is a brake issue the cruise won't turn on. It's a computer thing.

jlocher1
07-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the reply! When I bought my Grand Am the cruise control the cruise control didn't work then either (It wouldn't even turn on on the dash) about a week later from then the ABS/Trac/SVS light came on. So my understanding is the bad bearings just totally prevents the cruise from ever being engaged (even the light turning on on the dash?)

WidbyJ
07-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Correct. Also note that if any taillights are burned out the cruise control may not work also, switching to LEDs without resistors will do this too...

Sleepwalkr
10-24-2013, 11:19 PM
About a month ago, my cc stopped working too. However, everything appears normal. Button on steering wheel lights up...cruise light comes on on the dash...but when I set my speed, nothing. Maybe I need a new or junkyard module under the hood? Any thoughts are appreciated.