Sunroof Opens On It's Own [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof Opens On It's Own

zelda4325
07-10-2012, 06:54 PM
When driving or in park my sunroof opens by itself. Doesn't happen all the time, but most of the time. When the car is parked in the shade the car doesn't do it so much. I have replaced the switch and the fuse,which had corroded tips, without luck. Before I go and purchase a new motor and harness, PN 89023553, can you think of anything else I should try? Below is the part I will be ordering. Im thinking it is the harness, but can't buy a new harness by itself. TIA.

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-89023553-ACDELCO-SERVICE-MOTOR/dp/B005OV5SRU/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Model=Grand%20Am%7C596&n=15684181&s=automotive&Make=Pontiac%7C52&Year=2003%7C2003&vehicleType=automotive&newCar=1&carId=001

Malaclypse
07-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Well there're two options for your sunroof setup on your car.

One is a system where the switch goes through a sunroof module. In that case I'd go after the module before a motor because the module interperets the switch signal and sends power and ground to the motor.

On the other system, the motor/actuator actually has all the stops. That's called for in (late production) cars. No idea what the cutoff is but that's what SI tells me. It may help to call a dealership and give them your VIN to see what comes up.

zelda4325
07-10-2012, 10:59 PM
I'm positive my car has a sunroof module, it shows it in the AllData program also through what I was reading on the forums. I am going to drop my ceiling panel to get the numbers but also to see if anything looks off. Thank you for you quick response.

Malaclypse
07-11-2012, 12:11 PM
I'd trust Alldata about as far as I can throw their corporate headquarters.

I got my information from GM. But yes it'd be best to lower the headliner and verify which system you have before going after any specific part.