Window Clips Broke [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Window Clips Broke

jlocher1
07-11-2012, 12:29 PM
After a long day of work I was putting my front passenger window up, and I hit a bump and heard something snap and the window dropped somewhat. I took off the door panel and saw the broken plastic clip and a metal arm laying at the bottom of the door. I think I have located the clip I need at Autozone (I am not exactly sure though) I would greatly appreciate any help on which ones to buy, and how to install them to get the power window to properly function again. I have a 2002 Grand Am GT 3.4 L. Thanks in advance!

STFDFireman
07-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Jlocher, You will be dealing with this problem monthly now until you get rid of the car or find a better adhesive than me. I had the same thing happen to me on the drivers side. I just bought a 4 pack of sash clips from autozone and found the one that measured up the same. Well when you put them on the window you need some kind of adhesive to bond the plastic to the glass. I am yet to find one thatll hold for longer than a month. Now I gave up and I just "help" the window down and it works just fine. Just a little annoying at times. If you find a better adhesive than I please let me know!

MAC the KNIFE
07-17-2012, 03:42 AM
JB kwik weld. holding strong for about 6 months now.
mark where the old one was at before you take it off, so you'll know where to stick the new one on at.
i used a glass scraper razor blade to remove the old adhesive.

ruhland
07-21-2012, 10:43 PM
if you use a lil heat the old glue will come off good too. we always used windshield glue to put new clip on seemed to work great and never had any come backs.

adam139
07-22-2012, 12:02 AM
been having problems with window clips for years. Ill get it fixed then break again.
Anyone know where to get the tool to pry the door panel clips off? Ive used flat head screwdrivers but it gets pretty annoying

MAC the KNIFE
07-22-2012, 02:48 PM
harbor freight tools has a set of plastic pry tools for cheap. maybe 6 bux. makes life a lot easier.