Question Cluster Instrument [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Question Cluster Instrument

hct
07-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Hi, buy a cluster instrument for a grand am gt 97, my question is about the installation, I can do myself? there is some programming or just connect and go?

My cluster instrument original stopped working, since ceased to mark the needles

thanks

TDavis
07-20-2012, 03:16 PM
You just take out the old one, or in my case when I got a white faced one for my previous car I just put the new one over the old because the new one had light blue lights for itself and the old one was glued on, only thing I took out where the side pieces.

Was a disaster though since my needles where off, my speedometer was around 7~ mph off, car temp was off but I knew where it would be if it wasn't, RPMs where fine, gas meter was fine. On my previous car you had to take the whole dash out to put it in, in the GAs, well atleast 2000+ you just take out the little area that the gauges are in.

All you need to do is take the old one out and put the new one in, be careful with the needles and make sure you take a picture of how the needles where at before you took them off, idk how GAs work so this is what I did with my Z24.

Never going to do that again though, was a nightmare last time I did a gauge cluster exchange