couple probles with my car [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : couple probles with my car

chillaxer32
07-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Ok so couple problems I can't get to the bottom of. Firstly lastnight my driver window stopped working, all other windows worked but not driver. Then this morning the window did work but the fan blower didn't work at all, before it only worked on 3 4 and 5 buy now nothing, also only half if the spedomiter lights up when headlights are on. Anyone know what the deal could be. Thanks. It is a 2000 grand am gt sedan

shiwnath
07-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Once my rear passenger side window just wouldn't go down so I read somewhere if you slam the car door moderately hard whilst holding down the switch, it might work again as it may have just gotten jammed or something. Seems odd but it worked for me and now it goes up and down without issue.

Also, the blower motor resistor is most likely the culprit if your fan settings aren't working properly. They're not too hard to change... Here's a how to:

Seeing as mine went out recently....I figured I'd bring this back up, post the instructions for changing it and move it over to the "How-To & FAQ" section seeing the frequency of the problem. ;)

Thanks to Molson for these instructions:

1) Resistor is located next to firewall on passenger side, in part of the blower motor plastic housing assembly, on the downside part of the assembly that is toward the passenger's feet.

2) To get to it, you will need a 7/32 " socket. You will need a universal socket adapter. Trust me... you will need a universal socket adapter.

3) You will need to either be skinny, or hire a ten year old boy who can work tools and can bend his spine funny. (Actually, you can do it). You will need to open the passenger door, and lay on your left hip with your upper torso on the passenger floor.

4) Look up toward the fire wall. LOOK UP! You will see wires feeding the resistor via a connector. You will see two bolts holding the resistor in the housing.

5) Bingo! There you are!

Part #: 15359314
GM LIST: $23.88
OUR PRICE: $11.94

As for the speedometer lights, you probably just have a burnt out gauge cluster bulb.

Starglow
07-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Once my rear passenger side window just wouldn't go down so I read somewhere if you slam the car door moderately hard whilst holding down the switch, it might work again as it may have just gotten jammed or something. Seems odd but it worked for me and now it goes up and down without issue.

lol I owned a 1994 Pontiac Bonneville SSE that had the same problem but it was the drivers door window. When it wouldn't work I'd just open the door and slam it shut a few times and then the window worked fine for a while.