turn signal and flasher problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : turn signal and flasher problem

panmanhd
07-31-2012, 04:19 PM
my 2002 GAGT has turn signals that work when they want to, sometimes they come on when you hit the turn signal sometimes nothing, the hazard lights do the same thing, sometimes you can hit the hazard switch they will come on then turn them off and hit the turn signal they might work then but mostly not. this happen for the left or the right flasher has anybody had this problem?, i checked the fuse boxes but they only show fuses for the turn signal and hazard lights the lights work when they do come on, is there some kind of relay for the flashers and turn signal?? i hope i don't have to remove the steering wheel and the airbag to get to the turn signal switch, i don't know how to remove an airbag setup in a steering wheel, the only steering wheels i have ever pulled are on my 59,and 80 chevy trucks! i need info on this problem it's kinda dangerous driving without turn signals that work.

nivek98
07-31-2012, 06:58 PM
They are gonna tear into you for this one... There is lots of threads on the turn signal problem.

Good new is that it's pretty easy to do yourself. Follow the instructions in the link below. Make sure you use the tape.

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50126&highlight=fix+turn+signal+problem

DaRkWaVe
07-31-2012, 11:32 PM
I just had this problem also. I bought a new Hazard/Turn Signal Relay for 18 bucks on Amazon and installed it in ten minutes. It is actually the hazard switch that you replace. Not hard at all. If you are getting random clicks when the turn signal is not in use I don't believe replacing the hazard switch is going to help. Get the Dorman brand hazard switch. It is a lot more quiet than the stock one.

rocketfast123
08-01-2012, 07:03 AM
They are gonna tear into you for this one... There is lots of threads on the turn signal problem.

Good new is that it's pretty easy to do yourself. Follow the instructions in the link below. Make sure you use the tape.

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50126&highlight=fix+turn+signal+problem

Not really that's random clicking signal sound, not single don't work when it's damp outside. (like my car) Not everybody on here is a d!ck

nivek98
08-15-2012, 07:33 PM
I just had this problem also. I bought a new Hazard/Turn Signal Relay for 18 bucks on Amazon and installed it in ten minutes. It is actually the hazard switch that you replace. Not hard at all. If you are getting random clicks when the turn signal is not in use I don't believe replacing the hazard switch is going to help. Get the Dorman brand hazard switch. It is a lot more quiet than the stock one.

I have had to purchase a relay/hazard switch from the dealer for around 35 bucks only to learn that it wasn't the problem. Oh and they won't refund you on opened electrical parts. I have an extra one if anyone needs it. Brand new.

Dirty contacts inside the multi-function switch will reap havoc especially during changes in temperature and humidity.

DaRkWaVe
08-16-2012, 01:54 PM
I have had to purchase a relay/hazard switch from the dealer for around 35 bucks only to learn that it wasn't the problem. Oh and they won't refund you on opened electrical parts. I have an extra one if anyone needs it. Brand new.

Dirty contacts inside the multi-function switch will reap havoc especially during changes in temperature and humidity.

I'm sorry to hear about your misdiagnosis resulting in a loss of 35 bucks.

Dirty contacts = random clicking, even when signals are not activated

Bad hazard/signal relay = turn signals and hazards don't consistently activate

Original poster describes that the signals and hazards don't work all the time, not a random clicking sound.

I've had both problems.