Decisions decisions [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Decisions decisions

Cameron A
08-01-2012, 03:05 AM
Looking for the right supercharger for my 3.4 se. Not sure to go with a Malibu SS or a 3800 gtp. Not sure if I have any other options out there. I'm trying to stay low budget on this so what will line up with minimal drilling that I can pull out of a car at the bone yard? Again not looking to buy anything new.

Kayaus
08-01-2012, 12:49 PM
The search button is there why do none of you new guys read? S/C out of a 3800 / SS will not work, only way it would is to swap the engine as a whole - again costs more then you paid for your SE, I promise. An it's a waste, there is only ONE supercharger made for this car, the Eaton M62, there are only ~6 in existence and I think 2-3 are in this site and being used. Last one I saw went for $3k so assuming that's your "low budget", swap a 3500 in, turbo it and call it a day!

blckgagt
08-01-2012, 01:34 PM
There is only ONE supercharger made for this car, the Eaton M62, there are only ~6 in existence and I think 2-3 are in this site and being used. Last one I saw went for $3k so assuming that's your "low budget", swap a 3500 in, turbo it and call it a day!

Correction, RSM Racing made a supercharger for our cars as well, but the eaton is far more reliable. Either way good luck finding either one let alone one for a decent price.