Leaking fuel rail, can it cause an injector to leak ? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Leaking fuel rail, can it cause an injector to leak ?

mike2kme
08-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Hi guys, I replaced the regulator o-ring that was leaking, now that works great but a day later the other fuel line connecting to the fuel rail is leaking.

But here is the weird thing, it is leaking more on fuel injector number 5.

And what i want to ask today is, if that fuel line o-ring is faulty (which i know it is)
can is cause fuel to leak around fuel injector number 5 ?

Fuel injector number 5 is wet, around the o-ring area there is fuel and a tiny bit on the LIM next to Injector number 5.

Could the Fuel line o-ring cause all of this ?

Starglow
08-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Hi guys, I replaced the regulator o-ring that was leaking, now that works great but a day later the other fuel line connecting to the fuel rail is leaking.

But here is the weird thing, it is leaking more on fuel injector number 5.

And what i want to ask today is, if that fuel line o-ring is faulty (which i know it is)
can is cause fuel to leak around fuel injector number 5 ?

Fuel injector number 5 is wet, around the o-ring area there is fuel and a tiny bit on the LIM next to Injector number 5.

Could the Fuel line o-ring cause all of this ?

If the rear fuel line connection which sits right next to cylinder #5 is leaking, then yes, it can be spraying gas onto injector #5 and make it appear to be leaking. The rear fuel line has a threaded connection but there's also an inner seal that can easily become dis-lodged when installing the fuel line into the fuel rail.

Replace the inner seal and check for leaks by turning the key on to pressurize the fuel rail before re-installing the UIM and associated components.