New here... question regarding my '02 GAGT [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : New here... question regarding my '02 GAGT

GTfiend
08-03-2012, 12:42 PM
I noticed in the section that covers differences between the SE and GT it said the GT has body matched painted mirrors... my GT has Black mirrors and my car is white :-( did I miss something??

AaronGTR
08-03-2012, 12:52 PM
That hasn't been updated in a long time and probably has some mistakes for later model year cars, as GM did change some things.

Do you have the dual post mirrors, or the round alero style mirrors? I know in '02 or '03 GM stopped using the dual post mirrors and switched all grand ams to the round mirrors off the alero. I don't recall if they all went to straight black, or if they still were painted on GT's or not. It's also possible one of both of the mirrors might have got broken by a previous owner, and replaced with the generic black mirrors as a cheap fix.

GTfiend
08-03-2012, 12:58 PM
That hasn't been updated in a long time and probably has some mistakes for later model year cars, as GM did change some things.

Do you have the dual post mirrors, or the round alero style mirrors? I know in '02 or '03 GM stopped using the dual post mirrors and switched all grand ams to the round mirrors off the alero. I don't recall if they all went to straight black, or if they still were painted on GT's or not. It's also possible one of both of the mirrors might have got broken by a previous owner, and replaced with the generic black mirrors as a cheap fix.

They are the round alero style mirriors... bummer. It would look nice with the dual post mirrors. Maybe i will find some come tax time.

AaronGTR
08-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Yeah, you can sometimes find some in the junk yard, and I've also seen people paint the alero style mirrors to match the body color. Either one makes it look a little nicer. :)